COFRET Final Conference - Berlin - 9 July 2014
Issues including improving accuracy of calculations and tackling the need for global consistency across transport modes and along supply chains will be covered at the conference. We'll also take a look at the broader subject of carbon footprinting of individual products. Speakers will be drawn from recognised experts in the field of carbon footprinting across Europe.
- Review of current methods of calculating carbon footprinting in freight transport operations
- Exploring the differences that exist
- Addressing gaps and inconsistencies identified among current standards and practices
- Real-life case studies highlighting the practical difficulties of implementing current methodologies in a meaningful, reliable and accurate way
- Achieving future harmonisation of methodologies for calculations
- How improving the efficiency of terminal operations can be incorporated into freight transport carbon footprint calculations
- Current status of future standardisation efforts
- Next steps and summary of project recommendations
Anyone who has an interest in calculating the carbon footprint of freight transport and related issues will find the conference valuable. The final programme will be confirmed soon, click the "Register Here" link to book your free place.
We look forward to welcoming you to the COFRET final conference.